Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Letting go

Wow so many many lessons I am learning along the way...
1) Its f*ing hard to be a business owner.
2) Its even harder to be successful at it.
3)Being married should be a cinch after this...at least I get sex out of it:)
4)Its all relationships...how you treat people will come back to you...for sure!
5)Its about power not force....leaders use power...they don't have to force an outcome.
6) you have to be unattached...when you are attached you can take the whole thing down.

I have made some grave mistakes in my two ventures as a business owner...but with each venture I am getting a little better. Most of these mistakes have been against myself. Like working for three years on a business with no formal agreement....and now I have nothing but the lessons to show for it....

I am in the process of dissolving a partnership and lets say she has been less than graceful through the transition. Today I finally decided to draw my boundary....and say no more...I walked out of work and took a mental health day. As I was lying on the beach getting support and coaching from another friend who is a CEO and further down the path than me...I began to receive text on how other people were handling this....amazing really I could sit on the beach and it could get handled without me doing it?

My ego does not understand...but my spirit knows it is God really who has the plan...and my job is to be open, graceful and willing to see the signs. When it is this tough it is not it....

No comments:

Post a Comment